The PRINCE2 Conversion event provides exam preparation for those delegates wishing to progress from Foundation to Practitioner level, and as such is, exam-focused.
The aim is to provide delegates with the opportunity to apply learning of the PRINCE2 methodology to scenarios similar in format to those used in the APM Group Practitioner Exam. The Practitioner exam requires delegates to demonstrate an understanding of the application of PRINCE2. It is a pre-requisite that the Foundation Exam which tests basic knowledge of the method itself, has been passed in order to take the Practitioner Exam.
The objective of this event is primarily to apply previous learning of the method to set problem examples, no new learning is to be expected, although the Event Manager will be on-hand to provide feedback and guidance on structuring written answers.
Who would this be relevant for?
• The Examination Preparation Event is designed for anyone who has already taken and passed the Foundation Exam and wishes to receive advice and guidance in preparation for taking the APM Group Practitioner Examination.
• PLEASE NOTE: This event is not suitable for anyone wishing to learn or substantially revise the PRINCE2 Method. The expectation is that all Delegates attending will already have reached the standard of knowledge and passed the pre-requisite Foundation Examination.
• Anyone who has learned PRINCE2 through distance learning can benefit from revision for the Practitioners exam. Please contact us for advice on the suitability of this event.
• Please contact us for availability. The event can also be delivered at Clients’ sites in 2-3 day formats as required.
Introduction to Preparation for the Practitioner Examination
Explanation of the Examination; Structure; Procedure; Hints & Tips
Typical Topics* for Preparation and individual practical work include:
• Product-Based Planning
• Risk Analysis
• Configuration Management & Change Control
• Delegates will be provided with opportunity to attempt a range of styles of Practitioner Exam questions with feedback available from the Event Manager
• The Exam – Time Management, and exam technique will also be addressed
*Please Note: The actual topics covered will be varied by the Event Manager to reflect current and relevant examination questions and themes.
• Following the event, candidates will have had an opportunity to try out the application of their existing PRINCE2 knowledge to a number of typical scenarios. Candidates will be able to discuss different approaches with the Event Manager and colleagues and to receive feedback on their own written work. It is hoped that this preparation will improve the likelihood of passing the APMG Practitioner Exam. However, success in the exam requires some basic analytical and report writing skills under time pressure and the event is not intended to provide anything other than a high-level appreciation of these important skills.
• Delegates will usually join an open Practitioner training event on its fourth day and take the APM Group Practitioner Examination on Friday morning. All documentation required for the exam is expected to be in the Candidate’s possession e.g. PRINCE2 Manual etc.